Any idea what snail this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ramshorn! Congrats you probably have 14589864474322009741134268 more where that one came from. I know I sure do. I find them living in my filters they're every where.

Sent from my iPhone

Lol I was afraid of that lol. I have added anything new to the tank for about 2 months though and that is the only one I have seen???

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The nice thing is, they can be quite pretty and they do eat algae. However, I suspect now that my algae problem is under control they are now eating my plants.

Sent from my iPhone

The nice thing is, they can be quite pretty and they do eat algae. However, I suspect now that my algae problem is under control they are now eating my plants.

Sent from my iPhone

They better not eat my bloody plants!!!! I have also just seen 2 pointy shelled snails burying themselves in the sand. Any idea's what it is? Here is a photo. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410463640.096102.jpg

Malaysian trumpet snail. I hear they just eat the crap in the sand and are good because they stir it up. I have billions.

SOMEONE is eating my plants. I can't say who but I'm blaming the snails. I have billions of mts. They're so hard to catch because the jump off of the plants and the glass if you get talk close.

The ramshorn and pond snails are easier but I doubt I'll ever get rid of then.

Do you have any snails you bought on purpose? I have nerites, so I can't do this. But if not you can get some assassin snails!

Sent from my iPhone

If the trumpet snails aren't coursing any harm I'll leave them to it. I have seen 2 of then so far. And the rams horn I have only seen one. And no I have not bought any snails and they must of been hiding for a good 2 months because that was the last time I put anything in the tank. Lol

You could totally leave things alone and if it gets out of hand you can always grab assassin snails who eat other snails.

Sent from my iPhone

Ramshorn: I consider them a neusence snail. Assassin snails will eat them but never I eradicate them. They will just keep the population in check.

Malaysian Trumpet Snails (MTS): Awesome snails! Good looking and beneficial. They burrow during the day and stir up the substrate which helps out in my planted nano aquariums. They come out at night. Will breed but not over populate your tank. If food is in abundance, they breed, if there is a shortage they will stop breeding. They regulate their population themselves

Thanks guys. Going to leave the snails be as I have only seen one ramshorn but 3/4 trumpet snails.

Back
Top Bottom