Anyone know anything about fiddler crabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I purchased what was told to be a fiddler crab but I'm having some doubts on what the LFS told me. The LFS told me these crabs are fully aquatic? I've never known any crabs to be fully aquatic but I may be wrong so I just want to make sure I'm not killing this guy. I'm also unsure of the species, they told me its a fiddler but when I search it up they look nothing like what I have. One last thing is how large do these crabs get? They told me what I had was close to full grown but again I'm having doubts. Any info on what I have would be great. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435284910.252160.jpgthanks

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I forgot to mention the tank its in is a 29 gallon with a few larger community fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That is a panther crab. I have one myself. They are fully aquatic, but their pH needs to be really hi! If it is not he will die. Yours is going to get a bit bigger, how big is your aquarium? Beautiful crab, not even close to a fiddler crab haha

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh and 29 will be great, but he might go for your fish at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom