Armano bullying. Rcs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deeks14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 6 armano in my my tank and buying 10 rcs. I read somewhere that armano can bully over food. Is this true is their a solution I really would love them both in my tank

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I keep amano and rcs in my tank together without any problems, I just make sure they both get enough to eat. My rcs usually are happy just eating naturals from my plant's :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Thanks sounds great

when I had a mixed tank some of the amanos would take food right from the rcs and boot em a cross the tank... if you have larger amanos? May want to fashion a sort if feeding came for the rcs that the amanos can't fit in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

4 of the 6 are a good size and iv seen them chase my Oto's away from food so I might need to adjust the feeding

My shrimp get on ok, I'm maybe just lucky; )

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Today I watched a Lemon Tetra try to get a food pellet from a RCS. The shrimp held onto the food while snapping his other pincer at the fish. The fish was twice as long as the shrimp but the shrimp won.
My RCS eat side by side with my Corys and have been seen on my plecs back (until he swatted them off).
Sometimes you just have to take the risk and see the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

All great info thanks people. I have Corey's , glow light tetra and harlequin. But plenty of plant and wood so hopefully they all can get along

Back
Top Bottom