Assassin snail breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Are they doing what I think they're doing
img_1968871_0_0725fa96d4ebc4d918ca2da70190ce94.jpg

lol looks like it right? I am not sure but look for little square sacks with a round circle in them. Those would be assassin snail eggs.

I see little clear circles with white dots on some of my plants is the assassin snail the only snail that lays eggs like that or is there others cause I've been seeing baby rams horns and I have freshwater limpets in my tank as well

Ok so I've been noticing these little square almost things with white dots in them I've took some pics so you can tell me if these are indeed assassin snail eggs
img_1970355_0_4d24262451c2282895abb66b5ed5dbfe.jpg

img_1970355_1_dc5e6937b3b313864a3d85b3c379f575.jpg

img_1970355_2_c75357b75de166103e7fa909159d9186.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality I took them with my iPhone and the lights were out so I was trying to use a flash light. How do I know if they'll actually hatch and what am I supposed to do when I have fifty little baby assassin snails crawling around in my tank lol I'm starting to think I should have got snail eating fish instead of snail eating snails

They sure are!!! Congrats. Assassin snails are always hot sellers and cool tank members

Is there anything special I have to do for them? How long will it take them to hatch

blizowman1 said:
Is there anything special I have to do for them? How long will it take them to hatch

I never personally have heard about anything special. Sake, a friend here, didn't do anything and I believe his eggs are now Juvie snails.

My eggs are now juvie snails as well and I did nothing. The juvie snails will be invisible for quiete awhile but just when you forget about them youll see one! They are soooo cool!
Oh and I am mad at you! I want freshwater limpets! lol

Well i don't know how I got them they just kind of showed up one day and another snail question I have is will ramshorn snails eat my plants and I've had an out break of mystery snails in my daughters tank will those eat plants cause I'm afraid my assassins might start to die off cause they don't seem to care about the limpets and I haven't seen enough ramshorns to keep the assassins fed I don't think

I do nothing special to get my assassins to spawn. I've actually never seen the eggs before, so those pics are pretty cool. I just know that every now and then, I see little teeny tiny miniature assassins cruising the tank. I started off with 7 about 2 years ago and probably have 40 now.

After the young hatch, they do go beneath the substrate to beef up for the first few months or so. Only after that will you see them topside. Enjoy the little buggers!

Congrats on your imminent brood!

Im totally hooked on Assassin Snails since I started out with the hobby a few years ago. I think I started out with 3 and now , present day, Ive lost count but you dont have a real breeding explosion with them as you'd have with a Ramshorn/Pond snail.

These days they eat leftover fish food and every few weeks I drop some Ramshorn snails (which live in in my Nano Tank)....always so amazed you see none of them ...the minute you throw the snails in, they prop out from everywhere lol!

img_2018463_0_bd7076d9c8367477edc20f266a352adc.jpg

So I've started to see baby assassins all over the place. Look how tiny they are. Idk if you can see them but I got three in this picture

Back
Top Bottom