Assassin Snail Breeding Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Avidon

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently experienced an outbreak of Malaysian Trumpet Snails in my tank. I have a heavily planted 38 gallon African Cichlid/Bichir tank. I bought 7 Assassin Snails to handle the MTS population. The snails I got vary in size from about 6 mm to 12 mm long.

I haven't observed them breeding yet but I'm hoping that I'll start seeing eggs soon.

My main concern is with the cichlids. Should I worry about the cichlids eating the snail eggs? Also, what could I do to maximize my chances of getting my Assassin Snails to breed?

-Thanks

I recently experienced an outbreak of Malaysian Trumpet Snails in my tank. I have a heavily planted 38 gallon African Cichlid/Bichir tank. I bought 7 Assassin Snails to handle the MTS population. The snails I got vary in size from about 6 mm to 12 mm long.

I haven't observed them breeding yet but I'm hoping that I'll start seeing eggs soon.

My main concern is with the cichlids. Should I worry about the cichlids eating the snail eggs? Also, what could I do to maximize my chances of getting my Assassin Snails to breed?

-Thanks

I have never seen fish eat the eggs but cichlids could. It would be very easy to remove the eggs to another tank or breeding box though. As far as breeding assassins are easy like most snails. Provide food and calcium and you have babies!

Back
Top Bottom