Babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nirbhao

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found two baby snails in my tank! They look like Japanese trapdoor babies, but the last time Snaily had babies was in July. We also only have one Japanese trapdoor snail.

The other snails in this tank are one mystery snail and three rabbit snails. We haven't had any eggs, and these guys look too round to be rabbits.

Edited to add: we recently switched our substrate from pea gravel (and the rainbow stuff the same size) to a mix of fine and very fine gravels, which I think will be safer for them.

Edited again to add: we have two blue rams. Are they going to eat the babies?

We didn't have any survivors from the last brood. One got sucked into the filter (we now have a prefilter), and the others just seemed to vanish. I want to keep these critters alive. What's my best course of action?

the tiny computer is full of delicion!

Attachments

• 1476365366388.jpg
    1476365366388.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 1476365376684.jpg
    1476365376684.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 75
I really could use help here, guys. I want to keep these babies alive. Should I separate them from the community tank?

the tiny computer is full of delicion!

Blarghety! She's giving birth right now. It's amazing. Please please please anyone who breeds snails tell me how to make sure that these little guys will make it.

Can I put them in a breeder net?

After moving Snaily and her babies to a little glass bowl with some substrate, a cuttlebone, and an air stone, she has g given birth to 12 adorable little buttons. Yesterday I reintroduced her and her biggest baby back in the community tank, and they are hard at work on algae.

But now I have 11 tiny Japanese trapdoor snails. Adorable, wonderful little creatures. So what do I do with them? I already have 3 rabbits and 3 mysteries in the 29 gallon tank, and we're converting the 10 gallon to brackish.

1477771852391.jpg1477771867655.jpg1477771879963.jpg

Back
Top Bottom