Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Invertebrates
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-13-2018, 05:38 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bacter Ae and shrimp deaths?

I have a strange situation. I dosed bacter ae one day ago and next day found a crs dead. Now today i put bacter ae and after an hour found out a cbs dead. I google and some people have this issue.

Did you ever encounter this problem? Any ideas? Tank is well aerated with airstone and hob filter. Its really very bad because i was thinking to increase bacter ae to have biofilm for shrimplets. They say a weak or old shrimp may die with bacter ae which i feel funny why would it kill a old shrimp? No reviewer mentioned this part in any review unless i read myself. Please share your suggestions and opinions.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:30 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

How are the water parameters, especially nitrate? The amount of Bacter AE used should be small as Iíve read that it could impact water conditions. The deaths seem a bit extreme though.
I thought about using Bacter AE in my neo tank but used another product (SL Aqua Magic Powder). So far no adverse effects.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:27 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I dose very small amounts, and try to off set the dosing as a.m. food, p.m. Bacter AE, then wait for a half day at least to feed the shrimp. Also have read it in a few comments out of a high number. Sometimes, I think it is a high spike of ammonia as it breaks down, then by the time you notice and test it has been used up by plants or BB and it seems okay.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death, deaths, eat, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com