Bacter Ae and shrimp deaths?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a strange situation. I dosed bacter ae one day ago and next day found a crs dead. Now today i put bacter ae and after an hour found out a cbs dead. I google and some people have this issue.

Did you ever encounter this problem? Any ideas? Tank is well aerated with airstone and hob filter. Its really very bad because i was thinking to increase bacter ae to have biofilm for shrimplets. They say a weak or old shrimp may die with bacter ae which i feel funny why would it kill a old shrimp? No reviewer mentioned this part in any review unless i read myself. Please share your suggestions and opinions.

How are the water parameters, especially nitrate? The amount of Bacter AE used should be small as I’ve read that it could impact water conditions. The deaths seem a bit extreme though.
I thought about using Bacter AE in my neo tank but used another product (SL Aqua Magic Powder). So far no adverse effects.

I dose very small amounts, and try to off set the dosing as a.m. food, p.m. Bacter AE, then wait for a half day at least to feed the shrimp. Also have read it in a few comments out of a high number. Sometimes, I think it is a high spike of ammonia as it breaks down, then by the time you notice and test it has been used up by plants or BB and it seems okay.

Back
Top Bottom