Bamboo shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmiller383

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can bamboo shrimp and crystal shrimp be mixed in a planted aquarium?

Yes they can. BUT...

I like to point out...

that Dwarf shrimp need to be in very clean water with low particulate, since it can lead to Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate spikes and death for the little shrimp.

Bamboo shrimp need to have a high amount of particulates in the water because that is what they feed with their cute little filters.

Bamboo shrimp are perfect imo for a fry tank because of the frequent feedings of tiny particles of food, like Hikari First Bites. They also need an established tank like 4-6 months and a stable tank as well with good BB!.

To me the two types of shrimp should be kept in opposite parameters of each other.

The Bamboo shrimp need to have pretty clean water parameters but get the food they need to thrive. So water changes are key. My oldest Bamboo shrimp was about 3 years old when it passed.

If you want to keep a bamboo shrimp I would suggest going with rcs instead of the crystal shrimp. The rcs are much more forgiving with parameters.

They're awesome to keep as said above an established tank is very important I had mines set up for about two years when I added mine. Here's a pic of one of them they like to hide a lot so it's kinda hard to get a pic haha.

Attachments

• image-2017926021.jpg
    image-2017926021.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 74
I must say they are great I added 4 to my well established community tank. They are always hanging out on the filter intake, they are amazing to watch fanning for food.
I believe one escaped or got eaten by something. Besides that they seem to be really tough and forgiving

Back
Top Bottom