Bamboo shrimp ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our kids are smarter then we sometimes give them credit for. My biggest issue is that my daughter has some major medical issues, and her tank is a part of her treatment for her anxiety from all that has and is being done for her at hospital. So I need to keep it perfect and healthy

Our kids are smarter then we sometimes give them credit for. My biggest issue is that my daughter has some major medical issues, and her tank is a part of her treatment for her anxiety from all that has and is being done for her at hospital. So I need to keep it perfect and healthy

Sorry to hear that, it must be difficult for you. My son is disabled and getting the tanks has been great for him and relaxing. He doesn't understand a lot but what he's picked up from keeping fish has been amazing. Wish you all the best for your daughter x

Sorry to hear that, it must be difficult for you. My son is disabled and getting the tanks has been great for him and relaxing. He doesn't understand a lot but what he's picked up from keeping fish has been amazing. Wish you all the best for your daughter x

I'm sorry to hear about your son. So for sure yourself more then anyone understands what an aquarium can do. My daughter is also considered disabled I'm lucky for her it is physical and mentally she is exactly where she should be. Taking care of her fish and just watching them really made her less aggressive and nervous

I'm sorry to hear about your son. So for sure yourself more then anyone understands what an aquarium can do. My daughter is also considered disabled I'm lucky for her it is physical and mentally she is exactly where she should be. Taking care of her fish and just watching them really made her less aggressive and nervous

I fully understand, it's also learned my son that you have to look after them he likes to feed them and sits for ages talking to the fish especially my betta for some reason. He loves my lfs which going out was a problem. It's amazing what keeping fish can do for them and they definitely help calming him down.

I couldn't agree more my daughter (4 in a couple weeks) spends hours talking to the pearl gourami that she rescued from the lfs. We had gone in one day and this pearl gourami was being picked on by the tank mates and was not going to live long. She had a long painful treatment at the hospital that day and could choose almost any fish in the store to bring home. I'm a sucker and feel she deserves whatever she wants.(I swear she's not spoiled). The only one she wanted was that pearl gourami. The store didn't even charge us for it. Fast forward a year and he is doing great and is the boss of the tank

I couldn't agree more my daughter (4 in a couple weeks) spends hours talking to the pearl gourami that she rescued from the lfs. We had gone in one day and this pearl gourami was being picked on by the tank mates and was not going to live long. She had a long painful treatment at the hospital that day and could choose almost any fish in the store to bring home. I'm a sucker and feel she deserves whatever she wants.(I swear she's not spoiled). The only one she wanted was that pearl gourami. The store didn't even charge us for it. Fast forward a year and he is doing great and is the boss of the tank

That's so sweet! I'm the same with my son being honest he's spoilt lol but he's been through so much. It's always nice to rescue a fish that needs a home and pearls are beautiful fish, I had a male and he was stunning :)

That's so sweet! I'm the same with my son being honest he's spoilt lol but he's been through so much. It's always nice to rescue a fish that needs a home and pearls are beautiful fish, I had a male and he was stunning :)

They deserve I whatever we can give them. Here is a pic of her pearl you can't even tell he almos had no fins when we got him.

Attachments

• image-891418615.jpg
    image-891418615.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 74
They deserve I whatever we can give them. Here is a pic of her pearl you can't even tell he almos had no fins when we got him.

He's gorgeous! His color is beautiful, i miss mine he was really friendly, definitely a fish i would love to have again :)

He is great thanks you see why she loves him. The funniest was I am cleaning he tank a few weeks ago (with her help or hindrance of course) and the little guy bit me

He is great thanks you see why she loves him. The funniest was I am cleaning he tank a few weeks ago (with her help or hindrance of course) and the little guy bit me

He's the boss of the tank lol my son's help at cleaning is telling me that I've missed a bit!

I thought I recognized your name from some where! The kids and fish story thread. I remember you and your daughters story! Are the bamboo shrimps in her tank? What does he think about their "fanning pyramid". Mine is only 18 months and gets excited about a simple pond snail LOL, so I can only imagine a 4 yr old with shrimps silly activities.

Aw sorry about the bamboo shrimp! Happy you found his body though, not go on thinking he crawled out and smell a funky smell! I was worried about that. Crazy that they can scale walls, my ghost shrimp do it all the time (though never above water line).

Wow the pearl gourami is gorgeous! She has good taste in fish. You definitely can't tell he didn't have any fins. So sweet his story too (how she picked him out, out of ALL the fish). Hehe your daughter sounds so sweet and caring! Most kids would have over looked that.

I thought I recognized your name from some where! The kids and fish story thread. I remember you and your daughters story! Are the bamboo shrimps in her tank? What does he think about their "fanning pyramid". Mine is only 18 months and gets excited about a simple pond snail LOL, so I can only imagine a 4 yr old with shrimps silly activities.

Aw sorry about the bamboo shrimp! Happy you found his body though, not go on thinking he crawled out and smell a funky smell! I was worried about that. Crazy that they can scale walls, my ghost shrimp do it all the time (though never above water line).

Wow the pearl gourami is gorgeous! She has good taste in fish. You definitely can't tell he didn't have any fins. So sweet his story too (how she picked him out, out of ALL the fish). Hehe your daughter sounds so sweet and caring! Most kids would have over looked that.

Yup I am a real advocate for aquariums for special needs children and am working with my local pediatric hospital to install more of them. I've even offered to maintain and stock for them free of charge.

She goes crazy for the shrimp, and when she saw them fanning for the first time she was so excited and amazed she couldn't even speak. I wish I could put the shrimp in her tank but its pretty stocked so they are in my tank. Which honesty is hers also just with this one I actually get a say in the stocking.( well I get what I want and so does she). I'm not really sure her fav right now she always loves her pearl gourami but now I think it's her apple snail or the shrimp.

It is amazing how sick children can relate to animals. When she saw him he started to cry saying he is in pain and I quote " hurts like me, and I need to take him and make him all better like you do for me" I may be a big tough guy but that girl knows how to get me right in the heart.
This was al when she was only 3

To get back onto topic:

I was wrong, I gave my entire tank a stern lecture about eating new additions last night(they also ate 12 out of 15 ghost shrimp a few weeks ago). I just wanted to also get my daughter to laugh. She was upset about the loss

Well this morning when she went downstairs I heard "daddy daddy daddy come see its magic he's back" not thinking and no coffee yet I was confused. Ran to see and all 4 bamboos were there in a pile on my filter intake. So he did just molt and was hiding. I've had a lot of pets that molt but never like that shrimp

To get back onto topic:

I was wrong, I gave my entire tank a stern lecture about eating new additions last night(they also ate 12 out of 15 ghost shrimp a few weeks ago). I just wanted to also get my daughter to laugh. She was upset about the loss

Well this morning when she went downstairs I heard "daddy daddy daddy come see its magic he's back" not thinking and no coffee yet I was confused. Ran to see and all 4 bamboos were there in a pile on my filter intake. So he did just molt and was hiding. I've had a lot of pets that molt but never like that shrimp

That's great to hear :) and I bet it made your daughter's day brilliant!

That's great to hear :) and I bet it made your daughter's day brilliant!

I couldn't of happened on a better day, we were at the hospital this morning. She told every doctor and nurse about it with a huge smile on her face. Since we've been home she runs to the tank every little bit just to make sure

I couldn't of happened on a better day, we were at the hospital this morning. She told every doctor and nurse about it with a huge smile on her face. Since we've been home she runs to the tank every little bit just to make sure

That's sweet! It's great when little things like that makes there day!

Here is an update

All the shrimp are doing well and have molted each time I get nervous because the molted shell looks like an entire dead shrimp

Attachments

• image-48617858.jpg
    image-48617858.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 62
That's good news! We got to see my one molt today it was really weird to watch.

I would love to see one molt, I just find the old shell the next morning

It's pretty cool! Do you target feed yours? And if you do what do you feed them? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Back
Top Bottom