Bamboo Shrimp Qs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman793

Aquarium Advice Regular
About 5 weeks ago I set up a 5 gallon aquarium and let it cycle. I got the tank specifically for a betta. I added the betta 2 days ago and he's doing great! It will be a heavily planted tank soon. I have some plants in there now but im going to get more. The tank also has a large(for a 5 gal tank) piece of driftwood in it that has plenty of places to hide in it. I was wondering if a bamboo shrimp would be compatible with the betta?
If so, I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to take care of them! Ive been researching them for awhile but I think personal experience is the best.
Thanks!

Honesty I wouldn't put a Bamboo Shrimp in there. Bamboo Shrimp are filter feeders. The have specially adapted "fans" on the arms that they use to capture food particles drifting by in the current. That being said, they appreciate a decent amount of water movement, which is exactly what a Betta does NOT want.

If you want a larger Shrimp, look for Amano shrimp. They get large enough to not be eaten and are algae eating shrimp.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info

Sent from my VS920 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom