Berried Female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. They are light brown. I noticed another shadow panda bottom and it didn't have any brown looking things inside. So possible berried ? I mean I wonder what else it could be if not eggs.

So i have all Taiwan bees and no crystal shrimps mean I will have Taiwan bee babies right and no taibees or mischlings? I do have some pintos which carry Tiger genes.

Another question. If not eggs what else could it be?

That would be the Pleopods or the set of 5 each side (10 total) little swimming parts, also commonly called the swimmerettes.

The breeding would also depend on the time you have had the shrimp which would be berried.

Could have been from a previous location unless you have had them for more than 4 weeks. Usual gestation is over 3 weeks and under 4 but is controlled by tank temp. - Basically 3.5 weeks.

That would be the Pleopods or the set of 5 each side (10 total) little swimming parts, also commonly called the swimmerettes.

The breeding would also depend on the time you have had the shrimp which would be berried.

Could have been from a previous location unless you have had them for more than 4 weeks. Usual gestation is over 3 weeks and under 4 but is controlled by tank temp. - Basically 3.5 weeks.
Thanks. I did see eggs inside. They are fanning it. Now i have two berried. Here another one. And i ve had them over 6 weeks so gladly they mate in my tank.

https://youtu.be/638vXB9WOwE

Seen two more berried shrimps. One black pinto and one zebra black pinto. So i have now 4 berried shrimps. I have one question. I use to add bacter ae once a week. Shall i increase more?

Seen two more berried shrimps. One black pinto and one zebra black pinto. So i have now 4 berried shrimps. I have one question. I use to add bacter ae once a week. Shall i increase more?

I never have added food supplements to any shrimp tank and my shrimplets have never needed extra.

I have been using the Bacter AE 2x per week but 1/2 dose per time instead of 1x full dose per week. Seems better to me. Although there is no reason other than I worried about water quality which turned a bit cloudy. I also try not to feed baby shrimp food or snow food when I use the Bacter AE. Next day or late at night, 12-14 hours later. Also just felt there was too much going on in the water.

I never have added food supplements to any shrimp tank and my shrimplets have never needed extra.
Thanks. But, Bacter AE indeed increase fry survival rate so better to use.
I have been using the Bacter AE 2x per week but 1/2 dose per time instead of 1x full dose per week. Seems better to me. Although there is no reason other than I worried about water quality which turned a bit cloudy. I also try not to feed baby shrimp food or snow food when I use the Bacter AE. Next day or late at night, 12-14 hours later. Also just felt there was too much going on in the water.
Thanks. I actually reeuced my feeding from every other day to like after every two or three days because i see my shrimps graze on biofilm all the time so i cut on there diet a little because they were becoming sluggish and lazy. I contacted Marks shrimp tank youtuber about my shrimps being lazy. He told me two reasons. Overfeeding or bad water quality is reason. Since i reduced there diet they are now actively swimming and grazing.

What is your feeding schedule Autumn?

Mine is a bit random. I will feed the Boraras Brigittae almost every day, frozen Cyclops and on other days frozen Rotifers. There are usually plenty of those getting stuck in the moss and plants that the shrimp go hunting for the tiny morsels of food.

Maybe every other day (not a schedule) or for a couple days in a row I feed dry food or a baby food for shrimp on one of the days. I will also sprinkle in some other pelleted commercially prepared foods, or 1-2 pellets of snow mostly about every 4-5 days, basically if I don't really see any flakes left. The prepared foods range from over about 10-15 different kinds. A constant is Seaweed Extreme by Hikari (also like a little Marine S by Hikari and Omega one mini Marine Pellets all those are "Saltwater foods" I have a few "shrimp" specialties and am ordering samples as I can to see what the shrimp like more. Also I will feed the shrimp almost every day. Usually they get at least 2-4 kinds, just very small amounts.

For the past couple weeks I have lessened my daily quantity of feeding. Feeling that I likely over feed them.

But it seems to me by looking at the tank, they were always active and many berried females when I was feeding the frozen foods often like almost every day.

Lately since changing up the larger amount of food there seem to be a reduced number of babies and berried females.

There is no way to really know if it was coincidental or directly as a result of not as much of the "fresh" (not pre-formulated/ pelleted) frozen foods. I will try again to more often feed the frozen foods. Produced by San Francisco Bay, and a also Hikari Bio Pure. Also especially Cobalt Coral Food frozen food was really loved by the shrimp and nano fish. They have been well received by fish and shrimps!

Thanks a lot Autumn for very detailed reply. Very very helpful. I am using mainly dennerele range of foods after seeing almost all breeders use and give positive reviews. I think i m now underfeeding them. I ll now start to feed every other day and will see if they are active as usual or no. Once again thanks for the detailed info

Back
Top Bottom