Berried shrimp while in hospital

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jadub

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This isn't anything out of the ordinary just feel like telling this quick story. My wife went into labor Saturday morning so in a rush to get to hospital and drop off my other son n dog at my parents I just quickly threw some food in my 10g red cherry shrimp tank and my 40g community tank. Didn't turn the lights on because I didn't want them to be on the whole time I was gone. In my apartment the ac was off. Come back from hospital Monday morning and tanks are at 90 degrees. I quickly turned the ac on to try to help cool down the tanks. But to my surprise everything in both tanks is fine and in my shrimp tank I now have 4 berried shrimp. My shrimp colony is around 20 right now and I haven't seen any females with eggs since the first shipment of shrimp I got. So basically what I got from all of this is that if you want your shrimp to mate then jack up the heat and feed em well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Interesting... I wonder if it was one specific factor or a combination, and if so, what were they? Congratulations on both the human and shrimp!

Congrats on the baby!! I am trying to get some pregnant shrimp, might have to heat it up

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom