Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pmcgoldie

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had a Betta fish before, and I know that you shouldn't pair the males with other males...this may sound like a stupid question, but could I put a Betta fish in a balloon belly tank...or would they go psycho?

Personalities vary with the Betta... You could try it but make sure you have a backup tank ready at a moments notice. It may take a few days of adjustment... I've had Bettas work in community tanks. It took a few days for one of them and she settled down and got along well.

My current Betta has his own 10g cause he deserves it. Kinda a tribute to the Bettas of my past that lived in cold little bowls before I knew any better :)

ocminpin said:
Personalities vary with the Betta... You could try it but make sure you have a backup tank ready at a moments notice. It may take a few days of adjustment... I've had Bettas work in community tanks. It took a few days for one of them and she settled down and got along well.

My current Betta has his own 10g cause he deserves it. Kinda a tribute to the Bettas of my past that lived in cold little bowls before I knew any better :)

Awesome! :) would you recommend a female or male Betta in that situation?

Pmcgoldie said:
Awesome! :) would you recommend a female or male Betta in that situation?

I've done it successfully with both... Oppositely Have also seen equal aggression and placidness ... Doesn't matter sex in my experience.

I'd wait until your water parameters level out and tank finishes it cycle before adding another fish tho... He or she could be your reward for all your hard work :)

ocminpin said:
I've done it successfully with both... Oppositely Have also seen equal aggression and placidness ... Doesn't matter sex in my experience.

I'd wait until your water parameters level out and tank finishes it cycle before adding another fish tho... He or she could be your reward for all your hard work :)

Ok, when my tank gets all situated, I think that I might give it a shot! Thanks for your help

ocminpin said:
Anytime :) I have loved my Bettas... And my current guy Jitterbug is my favorite.. He's there in my icon.

Wow!! He is stunning (I thought that it might have been a pic from google...) :) is he the one with is own 10 gal tank?

Pmcgoldie said:
Wow!! He is stunning (I thought that it might have been a pic from google...) :) is he the one with is own 10 gal tank?

Yep... He's my special guy :) He's a halfmoon Betta... I love their fins and I think that type is my favorite now

ocminpin said:
Yep... He's my special guy :) He's a halfmoon Betta... I love their fins and I think that type is my favorite now

He really is pretty!! How many types of bettas are there?

Back
Top Bottom