Blue crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JenniferS

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought another blue crayfish for my 55 gal tank My original one never molten before and being only one week since I add the new one it has since I've seen the shell etc on the bottom of the tank. Is it just a coincidence that it did this for the first time right after I got another one. Not to mention since its dine this it is hiding is that normal??

Sent from my LG-D800 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Very normal to hide after a molt, they're soft and vulnerable to an attack after a molt, once his new shell hardens he'll come back out, I heard multiple Crays may be aggressive towards each other, something to look into, not 100% which species you have.

55 - Soon to be Cichild tank
46 - Livebearer/Marmorkreb tank
20 - Cobalt Blue Lobster Tank
10 - Betta Tank

I have a 55gal chiclid tank and I have the cobalt blue lobsters

Sent from my LG-D800 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ah yes if you have cichild's they would take a chance at him after he molts, and id say it's coincidence it happened right after you got the other one, it's pretty cool when they molt, I have one blue, and 5 Marmorkrebs

55 - Soon to be Cichild tank
46 - Livebearer/Marmorkreb tank
20 - Cobalt Blue Lobster Tank
10 - Betta Tank

My electric blue crayfish also just molted and it was creepy. The molt still looks like the actual crayfish and I at first though he died! He first molted after being in his new home for 2-3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom