Blue pearl shrimp and baby shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhsoto94

Aquarium Advice Freak
My blue pearl is having babies right now and I see them but is it possible for them to have premature babies? The mom and babies are in a mesh breeder in a 40 gallon and as I saw the babies I noticed this weird thing in my water and it's swimming around the top. I've never seen it until now when my shrimp is giving birth ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399260256.848064.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399260269.184949.jpgits definitely not a shrimp because the shrimp are coming out kind of red. This thing is clear has two black eyes and no legs. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399260345.598620.jpg

its not uncommon for there to be a runt just separate him from the others if you are concerned about him not getting enough food.

It looks completely different though. It has black eyes which are quite large in comparison to the shrimp. I looks more like a small clear tadpole.

Looks like a baby fish honestly

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok I think they are baby fish because now there's probably a dozen I have no clue how they got in there. Will they eat the baby shrimp?

only if they get their mouths bigger than the shrimp so when that happens you do need to separate them.

Looks like a newborn guppy or endler to me! I think they're too small to eat baby shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom