Blue velvet vs blue dream (neos)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyd

Aquarium Advice Freak
In doing research and reaching out to people about blue velvets, many have been mentioning blue dreams. Does anyone have experience with blue dreams or any knowledge they can share?

What are opinions here? Should I stick with getting a colony of velvets or look at finding dreams instead? Not many places have dreams, but velvets aren't all that common either.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've found out that they are. Blue dreams are top grade blue velvets. Still trying to find out if having some of each type would create problems or stick with one grade. Also, how to keep genetics fresh

I've found out that they are. Blue dreams are top grade blue velvets. Still trying to find out if having some of each type would create problems or stick with one grade. Also, how to keep genetics fresh

I honestly think they're the same thing. People just use it as an excuse to charge more. If you want some really really nice looking blue velvets, PM me. I know a guy :cool:

I keep regular blue velvet shrimp and ADORE them, but I've never even heard of blue dreams until just now.

For what it's worth, my blue velvets have bred wonderfully for me and are super entertaining. The little nano that houses them has quickly become my favourite tank to sit and watch.

Back
Top Bottom