Breeding Assassin Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure exactly. I do know that they breed slow. If they have a good food source and you have enough, 2 or 3 per 10 gallon footprint, they should breed on there own. I think they are androgynous, so you just need two and they will figure out what to do.

Found my old post i now know they also dont have both sexes like most snails and my snails i asked about are still alive

Mine have been breeding totally on their own in my 75 gallon tank. They seem to breed faster when live pest snails are available for food. Once the pest snail population drops, so does the assassin snail breeding rates.

Well i have 3 in my ten gallon they dont breed but they seem happy and my otos ride on them! Thanks for the info rhey havent had snail for a few weeks!

Mine didn't breed for a long while either. They seem to only breed once they get to a large size (around 3/4" long). Now every time I look in the tank I can usually find a couple or more in the middle of the act :lol:

I plan on getting a few more so i can get either a male or female whatever i need and i will get some snail treats

Mine didn't breed for a long while either. They seem to only breed once they get to a large size (around 3/4" long). Now every time I look in the tank I can usually find a couple or more in the middle of the act :lol:

That's how ours have been too. I've had this latest group for what seems like forever and I've just been finding baby snails for the past couple of weeks. They didn't do squat at half an inch... lol.

Mine bred pretty quickly when they had live food. Without live food absolutley no breeding. Unless maybe you can get them to take a meaty substitue but I still have my doubts as to whether that would work or not.

Mine did not breed at a smaller size despite having tons of live food available. The tank they are in now has some live food, and I also see the assassins eating the earthworm and brine sticks and the algae wafers that I feed to the plecos.

Probably not rare. I've had some that wouldn't touch anything I threw in there, but the group I have now starts coming up out of the sand as soon as the sticks and wafers hit the sand.

Back
Top Bottom