Bunny snail eating his greens.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Bunny the Rabbit Snail has been hiding a lot or maybe eating at the back of the tank since his arrival a couple weeks ago.

Since I took off so much of the Dwarf Water Lettuce from the top of the water, the algae on this wood increased.

60074-albums13946-picture72247.jpg

And yesterday

60074-albums13946-picture72245.jpg

And this evening

Great job cleaning your plate Bunny!

60074-albums13946-picture72246.jpg

Aww it’s kinda cute!
I am still coming around to snails, took me a while to learn to like them after I had a difference of opinion with the local pond snail population about whether they should exist in my tank...

It’s so methodical! My nerites just zig zag every which way cutting highways in the algae!

Check out this evening. Bunny was taking a rest at the side of the tank last night.

Today hungry Bunny!

60074-albums13946-picture72252.jpg

Had to include this shot - Photo bombing Frog!
60074-albums13946-picture72253.jpg

60074-albums13946-picture72255.jpg

Really taking the job seriously!

Today - this morning
Getting nervous I won't have enough to feed him, later. I did buy some seaweed sheets but not sure of his taste for that. Hate to interrupt the DW cleaning. So will not try that until it is really cleaned up.

60074-albums13946-picture72262.jpg

My rabbit snails love blanched spinach and courgette they'll eat anything. I have far too many babies lol I divided them between 2 tanks but they just keep breeding.

You just get a few, they are so identical I'm afraid. Shame you don't live closer to me I have loads and still new babies are getting born. My favourite is my black bodied ones with gold spots they dont grow as big as my orange ones.
You'll just have to go about a buy a few lol

You just get a few, they are so identical I'm afraid. Shame you don't live closer to me I have loads and still new babies are getting born. My favourite is my black bodied ones with gold spots they don't grow as big as my orange ones.
You'll just have to go about a buy a few lol

Originally wanted some Dwarf Golden (I don't think they are in Orange) because of so many nano tanks. Many comments about the full sized Rabbit Snails eating plants. Though before, you have told me not really noticed them eating plants. Also a couple others said they didn't see any particular plant destruction. I see a bunch of Instagram pics of these guys and they are really fun, in all the pics and colors!

I've seen the dwarf once as well but thought best not to buy anymore considering the amount I have. But yep I've not had any issues with mine eating my plants as long as I keep them fed. Really enjoy these snails my oldest is 6years! I actually saw a blue bodied one a few years back and I'm disappointed I didn't buy a few as I've never seen them again.

If I see them, I will know to buy some!!!

The 72G will be changed in the not too far future to a nano fish stocked tank and there will be so much room for more snails!!!

If I see them, I will know to buy some!!!

The 72G will be changed in the not too far future to a nano fish stocked tank and there will be so much room for more snails!!!
That will be cool!
I added different snails in with the elephant nose fish and they're doing great!

Back
Top Bottom