cannibal ghost shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linds3y

Aquarium Advice Freak
In my bettas 10 gallon tank I have about 5 ghost shrimp and blue rili shrimp, I honestly I don't know if I still have them all because they're never all out at the same time. But today I did witness what appeared to be one of my ghost shrimp snacking on another ghost shrimps unattached tail! Is this normal?

Ghost shrimp will kill other shrimp theyre carnivors lol im getting rid if ny ghost shrimp and just getting red cherry shrimps

Or it might be your filter killin them buy a sponge thing and put it over ur filter intake where the water is sucked through

The filter doesn't bother them, its pretty gentle, that was a good suggestion though...I think they're just eating each other after molting while they're vulnerable...idk :S

I don't THINK its the betta, I never see him pay them any mind but I guess you never know..

Oh ok but just know when they have babies the babies will get sucked up into it but yea its the ghost shrimp killing your cherry shrimps that what happen to mine so i just put my ghost shrimp in another tank and so that i can get some rcs from my gf cause she has succesfully bred the shrimp

Oh there's no cherry shrimp, just one blue rili and the rest are ghosts..I'm not sure who was eaten lol

Lol ok watch out the rili shrimp might get killed ima start a shrimp tank hopefully this friday

datkush said:
Oh there's no cherry shrimp, just one blue rili and the rest are ghosts..I'm not sure who was eaten lol

My ghost shrimp just molted and then ate it...

Back
Top Bottom