Cherry red shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snmurray

Aquarium Advice Regular
How many cherry red shrimp can I keep successfully in a 10 gal tank. I currently have 5 shrimp. Seven neons and six guppies. All are healthy. Water parameters are excellent based on 40% changes a week.

Hi shrimps do not produce as much waste as fish so you can add more than you would with fish. I have several hundred in my tank:) My tank is 350 litres.
This number is growing all the time as the breed like mad:eek: So cannot give a true number:hide:

Thanks for answering so quickly. They are really excellent hiders. Mine haven't bread yet.... Have two females and three males. But would love to add more. Several hundred sounds fantastic.

Hi the tank is never still there's always a shrimps somewhere picking at something!:) Also when i clean out my external I find loads of shrimps in there:eek: despite using sponges to stop them getting in there:eek: Mine are extremely friendly and will happily eat from my hand:D Fish will eat some of the babies but enough should survive and grow. Provide some riccia if possible they love that stuff(y)

Hi I forgot to say that you should be able to add at least another five to ten shrimps(y) Then if they breed it will give the young one's room to grow:)
I wouldn't recommend having quite as many as me,as they breed to fast so it's hard to keep the numbers down:hide:

Back
Top Bottom