Cherry Shrimp and Neon Tetra compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

venymae

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all! I am doing tank shuffles and was wondering if Neon tetras would get along (not eat) cherry shrimp. My cherries are small and I only have 5. There would be 15 Neons and they would be together with the 5 cherries in a 20 gallon long. I got a deal on my 5 cherries, but the ones at the store are $4 a pop. NOT something I want to replace.

Experience stories would be appreciated.:thanks:

Some may have success, but in my experience, I wouldn't do it. Ghost Shrimp or Amanos are fine. RCS get killed or have to hide constantly if you have thick plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been worried with this as well. I Will be getting RCS soon and I have 10 bloodfin tetras. I think I have decided to place a divider in my tank on the left side,just past the hob toward the middle. Going to move that powerhead, move a fake plant over there, and get a sponge filter(suggestions). I will be attaching java moss to one of the bare pieces of DW. I will move the other one to the community side.

I have been worried with this as well. I Will be getting RCS soon and I have 10 bloodfin tetras. I think I have decided to place a divider in my tank on the left side,just past the hob toward the middle. Going to move that powerhead, move a fake plant over there, and get a sponge filter(suggestions). I will be attaching java moss to one of the bare pieces of DW. I will move the other one to the community side.

Why not just set up a 5g or a 10g as a Shrimp tank ? Seems easier.

And yes, Live Plants are best for Shrimp !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that's the problem. I don't have another tank to make a shrimp only tank because my furiously stubborn husband (against my wishes) got a fiddler crab.:mad: Which is the whole reason I'm doing a shuffle in the first place:banghead:

What about BN plecos? Will they munch RCshrimp? My community tank is too stocked for my comfort:
29 gallon:
15 neon tetras
9 zebra danio
1BN Pleco
2 Female Betta
1 Female Molly
Some snails and plants.

Others (not in the 29) are the male betta, RCS, and ghost shrimp. Any ideas on how to make this work better? I have the 29 gallon, a 20 gallon long, and a 10 gallon. (the fiddler is in the 5.5 gallon and there he shall stay!)

Back
Top Bottom