Cherry shrimp, nerite snail, java moss, and free ramshorn snail,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, I'm not sure you should keep a pleco in your tank. They get aggressive adult and produces more waste than "cleaning".

I have never once heard of a case of aggressive pleco.....

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

^ I may be using the wrong term. English is my 3rd language after all. But I did not meant in a way rust will attack your tank mate and eat your shrimps. lol

Well, there you go. You don't just put shrimps in a brand new tank.

You should have waited for your new filter to seed and then take the filter and water from your 20g so you don't need to cycle your 10g.

Good info,established bio-media is a +,the water itself is not viable vessel for bb...

sit in silence

Cory Doras are harmless to adults as far as I have experienced but they will eat the baby shrimps.

I don't think Amanos will eat your cherries, probably only the babies. I keep them in the same tank, but it's rather large (65g).

Anyhow, your last cherry shrimp will have better chances surviving in your 20g than your uncycled 10g.

All your fishes will eat baby shrimps or attack the adults, so i would get hiding spots for them such as Java moss.

Also, I'm not sure you should keep a pleco in your tank. They get aggressive adult and produces more waste than "cleaning".

Thanks :) We want to put some of our java moss in there, but we don't want a snail population... the one snail that was in there is in w our female betta, but, I am not sure if there may be eggs... any idea how long they take to hatch?

As for the pleco, he is fine right now.... we'll see if he gets aggressive... if he does get that way, we'll bring him back to the pet store and get another baby one. I know they poop a lot... we just like plecos a lot, we didn't get him for cleaning, although he does a nice job on decorations, and sometimes on the tank too. I posted on here and some people said he should be fine in a 20g and they don't get too big. and we do 25% water changes and a good poop vac once a week. Thank you for the warning, though :)

Well, our last red cherry shrimp died sometime between last night and this morning. It was laying on its side in the tank. Someone had been snacking on the dead shrimp :( I don't know if it just died or was attacked. I'd like to think no one in our tank attacked him. This was the most active shrimp out of all of them when we got them. Today marks exactly a week since we got the rcs. Most died within 2-3 days. This one lasted a week :(

As much as we like them, I think we are not going to try raising/breeding rcs again. If we do, not for a long time. :( Poor shrimp.

I may have missed a bit or forgot, but what kinda fish do you have in the tank?

Anyhow, the worse mistake was putting them in a brand new tank with fresh tap water... You really need to go through the cycling process before you add the shrimps to the tank.

Oh well, better luck next time!

6 harlequin rasboras
2 panda cories (we had 4 but two suddenly died a few weeks ago, and when went to get more, so the two left wouldn't be as lonely, they were treating the tank for ick! ugh)
7 pygmy catfish
1 male guppy
1 adolescent bn pleco
6 amano shrimp

Yeah... I WISH I HAD POSTED HERE FIRST :/ Live and learn... 7 lives lost and $36 gone... we paid for 6 but got 7... one was not doing well when the guy netted it, so he said that one is free. We figured, hey, very low bioload, it'll be fine with no bb yet. :/

Right now the 10g is home to 1 nerite snail.... probably going to get some Ember tetras soon for the tank.

I suggest getting the tank cycled before adding any fishes to your 10g. Not sure embers do well for cycling.

Anyways, you paid a lot for your red cherries.. 35$ got me 11 snowball shrimps!

Oh, our filter cartridge that goes in the filter the 10g will have will be put in there, and we will test it with some ammonia most likely to be sure, although we will have to relocate the snail if we do this, and I am not sure where we'd put him. This filter has been in our 20g in the filter it came with, and then we put it behind the filter in our new filter's cartridge that we got, for at least a month now to seed the new filter's cartridge... the original cartridge we used to seed should be nice and ripe with BB :) (I hope that wasn't too confusing, I may have just confused myself!)

Thank you though! And we planned to get 5 ember tetras, wait a couple weeks, get 5 more, so as to not overload.

Each cherry was $6.

I just looked up snowball shrimps, CUTE CUTE CUTE :D There are SO MANY SHRIMPS. I want some blue ones sometime.

Oops I took out what I posted here and have this instead because it was for a different thread of mine.

Time to go to bed :p

Back
Top Bottom