cherry shrimp never grow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fatfei

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

I've had cherry shrimp for over 2 years now. They seem happy. Always breeding but they never grow more than about 1 and a half centimetres tops. They are from a batch of babies I bought on eBay 2 years ago. I've seen and had bigger ones I've bought in the past from my LFS.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sincerely

Fei

Unless there's been changes to your water quality and care you give them, it sounds like you just got a small growing batch ... especially since they're babies from the same batch. You'll have to get RCS from other sources ... like your LFS ... to hopefully introduce a new population of larger growing RCS.

Unless there's been changes to your water quality and care you give them, it sounds like you just got a small growing batch ... especially since they're babies from the same batch. You'll have to get RCS from other sources ... like your LFS ... to hopefully introduce a new population of larger growing RCS.

Cheers mate I was considering that. Good to hear someone suggest it too. I'll give it a go.

Yeah it sounds like you need to strengthen your blood line with shrimp from a different source. The normal life span of shrimp is around 2 years so your genetic line is just growing weak. Unless you've made changes to the tank that would effect them adding fresh blood is all I can think

Back
Top Bottom