controlling snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium 308

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had my shrimp tank running for a bit now. Its a 10 gallon. I have 3 rummynose tetras. Considered getting 2 more. I bought 6 ghost shrimp and still have 4 after a couple months. I was gonna get another 6-8 to complete it. Well I bought java moss and with it came snails. Dont know what kind. I dont really care if there are a few but they are populating like rabits. What can I do to control their population without hurting the shrimp. There are also 3 of something runing around I now have now idea what it is. Definitely an invertebrate but very fast. Maybe a millimeter long. Resembles shrimp but also reminds me of a baby crayfish. Not sure never saw any eggs on my shrimp.

Prob pond snails. Get an assasin snail.
do you have a pic of the small invert? I dont think ghost shrimp can breed in fresh water.

article14_image2.jpg

like this?

Second the assassin snail. Maybe some botia sidthimunki if you have a bigger tank to move them too afterwards? I'm not exactly sure how they go with shrimp.

If the unknown invertebrate resembles a shrimp it might be a scud. Google them and see:)

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

I googled and that definitely what they are. Scuds. Ive seen three of them at least. They dont bother me its just the snails. How man assassin snails should I get. Id say there are 30 snails at this time. Most very small

get one for now, 30 snails is not awful... then again its 30 snails you can SEE

Back
Top Bottom