Could I add some shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evansimp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone! I have a 40 gallon community.

Stock:
1 kribensis
2 platy
4 zebra Danio
2 guppies
1 dwarf gourami
2 albino catfish
5neon tetras
2rummynose Tetras
2 bumblebee goby

My question is, could I add a few shrimp? Or would it be smart to? Or would some of my other fish attack them? Thank you

Try some cheap ghost shrimp and see how it goes. Every community is different. There are very few fish out there that would almost never go after shrimp. Just depends on what your guys' personalities are. Most people told me my German Blue would attach my shrimp, and my black skirts. They don't even look at my shrimp! Make sure you have plenty of hiding spots for them, plants are best.

Hello everyone! I have a 40 gallon community.

Stock:
1 kribensis
2 platy
4 zebra Danio
2 guppies
1 dwarf gourami
2 albino catfish
5neon tetras
2rummynose Tetras
2 bumblebee goby

My question is, could I add a few shrimp? Or would it be smart to? Or would some of my other fish attack them? Thank you

Your kribensis, platys, gourami, and catfish kinda worry me. You could test the waters with ghost shrimp, but then again, ghost shrimp are larger than RCS. ALL your fish will snack on shrimplets though, just make sure there are enough hiding places.

I agree. My kribs wiped out my ghost shrimp pretty quick. And they are supposed to be better at hiding than other shrimp. RCS or any other bright colored shrimp would be dinner for sure

In case anyone was wondering! I just picked up a ghost shrimp to try it out! The second I asked if petsmart had any, they said, "we just sold all of them to that guy " and pointed to a guy walking away! BUT he said he'd look for a last one and they had one left! It was big too! Which is better! Just put him in my tank, and so far he's doing great! :) but it's only been 20 minutes! Haha

Back
Top Bottom