Counting babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay ya'll how the heck to you keep an accurate count of your baby shrimp???? Every day I check my tank for babies usually I can find 2, but I've counted up to 5. Only problem is when I go to do a recount to double check, I lose one or two lmao. Like right now, I just counted 5, double check, and the one at the tip of the driftwood is gone no where to be found....*sigh* such small lil buggers.

I can't even find all 10 of my adults at 1 time. Good luck LOL

Yeah I feel your pain! You know one thing I've noticed is the babies kind of hang out in specific areas. One is always on my rock/annubias, another is always on the right branch of my driftwood and so on and so on. Only problem is I can stare right at them for a few minutes and not see them>.< the adults are another story, they are all over the place. They are easier to count though, I just toss an algae wafer in there and I can find them all lol.

That's why I transferred all my RCS baby's to my rimless lol try making a shrimp trap. Then you can count ALL of your stock at one time lol

Throw in an algae wafer and wait an hour or so. They will come out and eat :) But it is very hard to find everyone at once.

Back
Top Bottom