Crayfish eating seal in the corners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nykonsdream

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So there I was getting in my tank time(staring ever so gently 2 inches away from the glass) and I noticed that my electric blue is picking at the sealent at the corner of the tank. Not sure what to do about this. I don't think it's eating the sealent but just trying to take it off.

Try putting a decoration in the corner to make it harder for him to get to. Are you feeding him enough?

Silicone is really very difficult to remove, I doubt he's going to be able to do much real damage. He's likely just grabbing the very thin edge, which sometimes does lift off after awhile. Even if he ripped some of that off, it's not going to affect the tank's integrity.

I would make sure he has enough to eat.

That's what I was thinking at first was that I wasn't feeding them enough but I know it's not the case. They seem to be doing it for more then construction then anything else so I think I am gonna try I put something sturdy on the corners so that they can't get to it.

Back
Top Bottom