Crayfish feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bowhunterking

Aquarium Advice Activist
What's everyone feed their crayfish. I feed mine freeze dried crickets, blood worms, seaweed, and algae tabs. There is minnows in his tank to eat, which he catches every once in a while but he's kinda small still.

I feed hikari crab cuisine along with occasional algae wafers, spirulina flakes, and frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, and plankton.

WOW alyxx thats is the exact same diet i give my blue cray

But do you believe spiriluna really turns crays blue and therefore enriches the color of a genetically blue crayfish ?

Yikes folks, crayfish should survive on primarily vegetable matter. All the protien and fat is likely not too good for them.
I feed mine blanched froozen peas cut in half, blanched carrots cut into small squares-1/2 pea size- and snails. I throw in an occasional chunck of shrimp pellot or alge waffer piece.

My crayfish come running when they see I am there. They all get into specific spots and I drop in their food. The snails are eaten shell and all and that provides calcium. I also clean and crush into powder egg shells to add calcium.

I have primarily marble caryfish but havs had clarkii, allieni. What types of crayfsih are you working with?

craigstropicals@yahoo.com

Just incase you don't know american crayfish carry a plauge that kills Cherax-AU-crayfish.

I keep an adult dwarf mexican cray in a cimmunity 25

And a small electric blue cray in a 10

Obviously moving him soon

Well the care is easy

Temps of 68-82
Ph of 6-8

And a varied diet of veggies and a staple of of hikari crab cuisine will do nicely

Its a matter of how aggressive they are

My brother had one a while back that destroyed fish left and right but my current one is very docile

Personality difference ? Lol

I have heard that about CPOs. Some say puppys other Dobermins. My marble cray fish are not too pesky. I have one that resides with cory cats and never bothers them. The rest are H#$% on wheels with corys. I have two each in my 125gal & 175gal stock tanks with PVC pieces all over the bottom. When September hits I'll see how many I have.

Good luck and have a blast with the crayfish.

Is it true that marbles are bred to be docile?

I forget where i heard it but i think it was on one of the forums

Back
Top Bottom