Crayfish had babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fernly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_5357.jpg

My crayfish had babies. She didn't have eggs when we got her. Two days later, eggs. Now babies!!! I have no idea how to take care of them or what they need or eat. They are in a tank alone just them and there mommy. Please help. Thanks

How are they going?

They are growing and eating. My only issue is cleaning the tank because I don't want to suck them up.

Don't want to keep all 60 lol trying to figure out where to bring them too. Mommy cray has not tried eating them yet. I bought another tank and when that cycles I'll put the babies in there to separate from the mom.

if you want to keep some of the babies alive you need to get the smallest pvc pipe and aquarium safe silicone.

cut the pipes 4in long glue 4 together then lay another row going the opposite way. cut it just a little smaller. do this for four layers.

make a lot of them. put them in the tank at different angles. The babies will pick there holes.

The babies will eat each other and the mother will eat her babies.

my crayfish pool has loads of all size pvc houses stacked in it. I have hundreds of all size crayfish.

the crayfish pool is the actual filter for my lg. tropical fish pool.

The crayfish are the most important part of the filter system. As you can tell the crayfish breed them selves.

Back
Top Bottom