Crayfish that is not murderous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
O I really want a crayfish. Or crawdad if your from some parts of the country. However I do not want a murderous fiend to kill the African Leaf Fish (NOT Bush fish) that it took MONTHS to get my hands on. These 2 are only 2-3 inches atm and 3.2 top over life. Is there a crayfish that will not murder them? BTW dwarf crays will NOT work as the Leaffish will eat them lol
Thanks and God bless!

I have marble crayfish and they don't even make a token effort to catch fish. I run 48 hour light cycles and my Endlers and others are laying on the bottom when the lights come back on. Never lost a fish in over six months. I even have one in a tank with corys and he ignores them. I did move corys out of two other tanks that contain four crayfish, Endlers or Least Killies. Anyway, your Leaf Fish should be fine.

I have marble crayfish and they don't even make a token effort to catch fish. I run 48 hour light cycles and my Endlers and others are laying on the bottom when the lights come back on. Never lost a fish in over six months. I even have one in a tank with corys and he ignores them. I did move corys out of two other tanks that contain four crayfish, Endlers or Least Killies. Anyway, your Leaf Fish should be fine.
Thanks for the reply. What kind of crayfish do you have?

I have marble crays now but have had Clarkii and Alleni. The Clarkii are more aggressive but do fine with livebearers and gouramis. I would start with a CPO and take things from there. You can also remove the front claws, they grow back but it takes time.

I would like it to be pretty cheap. The stakes are raised now as the inhabitants are my leaf fish lol I dont think I can though because I have a banjo cat...

Back
Top Bottom