CRS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Tbox, sorry I can't help you I'm in Scotland :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

If you are in the US. Look on aquabid.com and seller user name is Ark. He has great shrimp that he raises (not imports) awesome packaging and good prices. I've bought from him twice and I highly recommend any of his shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have been following a couple suppliers of CRS and PRL. PM me. I haven't yet but am looking to take on the new project of keeping either one of those very soon.

They do cost a pretty penny at times.

Do you have naturally low, high or mid PH?

One of the things to consider is the type of shrimp which will do best in your specific tap water conditions and breed those. As you will have most likely chance of good survival and breeding.

Next thought is the market for your shrimp? Do you have local shops which would want to trade with you or actually buy your shrimp, or is your market, shipping out to other people.

That last point helps you decide to breed the opposite of what everyone else is breeding to get the best prices for locally raised "rare" to your local area shrimp. IE you have high pH and Sulawesi shrimp need hard water, or you have low pH and PRL and CRS do well in that kind of water.

Neocaridina do fine in a broad range from the mid area.

Also do you have an aquarium club for your state or region which meets??? That can be a huge bonus to connect with other hobbyists /breeders. To get shrimp AND sell more rare or expensive ones.

As you are noticing people who love shrimp will pay a hearty price to have something special :D.

Back
Top Bottom