Cucmuber for snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pongeer247

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going to feed my snail some cucumber but wanted to know if I should use raw or if I should blanch it first?

Thanks in advance!!

Either way works. Just make sure to weigh it down if raw. Blanching it makes it sink on it's own.

Ok I wasn't sure. I've heard that you had to blanch vegies in order to give to fish so I wasn't sure if this might be the same situation. Thank you!!

Ok I wasn't sure. I've heard that you had to blanch vegies in order to give to fish so I wasn't sure if this might be the same situation. Thank you!!

Blanching is recommended to help break down the cellulose in hardier vegetables to allow fish digestion. But really isn't required for snails, due to how they eat.

Blanching is recommended to help break down the cellulose in hardier vegetables to allow fish digestion. But really isn't required for snails, due to how they eat.

Ok. I think blanching might hold better for me. I'm pretty sure my fish will be munching down on it as well as my ADF. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom