Ditching fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm actually thinking about getting rid of all my fish, and going with shrimp only o_O. I like my fish but I think my main would look really good with shrimp only in it, what do ya'll think?

Lol I already have enough tanks! I've got rcs in a 10 gallon as of right now, but I just love how active they are, I think they'd look really good in my 29 gallon.

I wouldnt do it...a 10 gallon full is enough IMO. but its whatever YOU want! It would be cool!

Yeah I've already got a place for the fish my nephew will take them. The more I think about this the more I like it. If I transferred all my rcs to my 29, I could put crs in my 10....Oh daddy likey!

I was actually think about doing this with my 40B, but a micro tank. So, bassicy nothing but micro fish and tons of shrimp. I think it would look pretty good! You could always do a large school of boraras micros if you wamted some "swimming" movement. There so small, I honestly doubt they'd eat a large ammount of shrimplets.

Yeah both me and MABJ were looking at chili rasboras a bit ago but it's too costly for me. I have pretty much 0 income since my heart attack so the 40 dollars for shipping is just too much. There is a local pet store here that treats me pretty well maybe I can see how much it would cost to order some in, I know they don't carry them.

I'm eventually going to get Chillis and Sake will receive a mysterious package one day lol.

Sake, I've already done this pretty much. I no longer have any fish species. And I've kept a bunch lol.

Just plants and inverts!

I'm eventually going to get Chillis and Sake will receive a mysterious package one day lol.

Sake, I've already done this pretty much. I no longer have any fish species. And I've kept a bunch lol.

Just plants and inverts!

IMHO, thats the best stock;) haha

You know I like fish, but shrimp are just so darn cool! I mean they are all over the tank, on the sand, swimming around in the middle, and hangin from the floaters. Not only that but they crack me up, squabbling over food and such, I seen one keep pokin at a snail till it moved over so it could get some food. Plus they are lil acrobats, one will be swimming around then just flip upside down and latch onto something. *sigh* love my lil cherry shrimpies! I figure I'll put the cherries in my 29 and maybe a couple of bamboo shrimp, not sure if I'll toss my assassin snails in there because I'd like to get a few nerite snails. Anyone know if assassin snails will eat the nerites? Hmm maybe instead of getting crs for my 10 gallon I'll just get a dwarf puffer....grr to many ideas!

Sake, someone told me an assassin snail ate a bigger snail than a nerite, so I'd assume so.

And dwarf puffers are awesome, but in my opinion they're so small for their larger tank requirements lol.
I want them, but I love shrimp more :p.

So I'm actually thinking about getting rid of all my fish, and going with shrimp only o_O. I like my fish but I think my main would look really good with shrimp only in it, what do ya'll think?

I think you should keep all your fish and send me all your shrimp...... really, that would be best for everyone involved.

Back
Top Bottom