Do shrimp eat snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No infestation, I raise mystery snails and added a few RCS to the tank. I was considering some larger shrimp but wanted to learn if they can pose a danger to the snails.

Larger shrimp should not be a problem with baby snails. I have Amano and RCS with pond, mts, and rams horn snails and I see baby snails in the tank all the time.

Larger shrimp should not be a problem with baby snails. I have Amano and RCS with pond, mts, and rams horn snails and I see baby snails in the tank all the time.

Wow. I thought for sure the shrimp would know how tasty baby snails are.

shrimp will only eat decomposing flesh.
Years ago I used to trap SW shrimp (2 lrge garbage cans/day) and many times small fish ,star fish etc came up with them in the trap, times when bait was exhausted there were still live fish.

I had a Ghost shrimp kill one of my largest snails. In the same tank, the Amano and RCS never showed any signs of aggression.

I had a Ghost shrimp kill one of my largest snails. In the same tank, the Amano and RCS never showed any signs of aggression.

That's the one! Ghost shrimp are the ones I read about as sneaky snackers.

My shrimp killed my mystery snails but they leave the pond snails, bladder snails and nerite alone.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh yes sorry they are ghost shrimp.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom