Do you guys know what type of snail this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get him now while you can. Did you intentionally buy any snails? If not, buy some assassin snails.

You have a pond snail there, some say they don't eat plants but SOME one is eating mine...so I catch about 100 a day. Not even making a dent.

Sent from my iPhone

If you have bigger loaches they will eat them. But like Emily said if you don't want snails get him out ASAP. They breed like CRAZY! We keep them in our guppy tank- but only because our big tank we have has clown loaches and they love them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you have bigger loaches they will eat them. But like Emily said if you don't want snails get him out ASAP. They breed like CRAZY! We keep them in our guppy tank- but only because our big tank we have has clown loaches and they love them

Sadly I don't have a tank big enough for a school of loaches and I don't want assassin snails because have nerites.

Sent from my iPhone

I saw two ponds snails in my planted tank today. They arrived with an untreated plant order in June. I thought I removed all of the egg clusters...I guess not. I probably have a hundred MTS in the tank. I'll keep an eye on the pond snails and try to remove them when I can.

I have 6 clown loaches so they should go to town on them. If they start to get out of hand I'll get some assassin snails. Cheers for the help.

Thanks

S4nno :)

I have 6 clown loaches so they should go to town on them. If they start to get out of hand I'll get some assassin snails. Cheers for the help.

Thanks

S4nno :)

Loaches will be better than snails! You might need to get extras!

Sent from my iPhone

Sadly I don't have a tank big enough for a school of loaches and I don't want assassin snails because have nerites.

Sent from my iPhone

I kept an assassin with my 5 nerites in a 10 gallon for a year and none of them were ever harmed.

Back
Top Bottom