Dwarf african frog missing foot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abby26

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there! I recently bought a dwarf african frog to add to my betta community tank. (1 betta, 4 ghost shrimp, & now the frog) everything is going well & the betta doesn't pay any attention to his tank mates, but I think my frog may be sick. I noticed about a week after I got him that part of his back leg looked see-through, like it had either been ripped or rotted off. The next day his foot was gone!!! My boyfriend thinks the betta nipped at him, but I highly doubt it, he's incredibly peaceful around the frog. Could it be a bacterial infection? Or is it possible that maybe his leg/foot just got caught under a rock or something? Whatever the problem may be, how can I treat this? Note, I have a heated 10gal with a filter, but lately it's been a bit cloudy, I think it's time for a filter change. Could this have something to do with it? I'm attaching pictures of my frog. It almost looks as if he has 2 bones or something still sticking out... What do I do?! Thanks in advance!

image-423830127.jpg

Attachments

• image-3633291630.jpg
    image-3633291630.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 172
How often do you do water changes and what percentage to you change?

Looks like 2 toes left, I would keep a close eye on your beta, or like you said, it's toes could have gotten stuck on a rock

I change about 30% of the water every 1-2 weeks. & I have penguin bio wheel 100 filter.

Back
Top Bottom