Dwarf Crayfish and Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fox1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have new 10 gallon tank with a Betta fish in it that I saved from a friend. The Betta is doing great but he seems a little lonely. I have always wanted a dwarf crayfish but never had the room in my 38 gallon. Would it be ok to keep a dwarf crayfish with a Betta? I have read that it is a good idea and a bad idea on many websites. Any help would be great! :thanks:

I probably wouldn't chance it unless you get a female crayfish, and even then, it's risky. Female crayfish have much smaller claws than males, but your betta's fins will make tempting targets that are easy to latch on to.

Nothing bigger then a CPO[Mexican mini lobster] is worth risking.They are small enough you never who will kill who..Many bettas enjoy their kingdom of solitude..Each is different..
A normal sized cray and I fear you will not have saved this betta at all..

dwarf crays are fine. they only really grow to about an inch and a half so it won't kill your betta unless your betta is ill or stupid as hell.

Back
Top Bottom