Dyed or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhsoto94

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went to a different lfs then I usually get my shrimp at today and bought shrimp labeled as blue shrimp. I have a blue pearl colony and I assumed they were the same since they didn't appear to be tigers and for 2.50 a piece I highly doubt they are. (There also not that specialty of a store to carry those types also, but that's just my common sense)

What's the probability of them being dyed? I've had a couple of these in my tank for about a month and the color hasn't faded but they defiantly look different then my pearls (less white creamy blue and more spotted with the dark blue coloration)

I'm aware there are different grades but the patterns seem different and the blue in the new ones seem too intense and not creamy enough to be pearls

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400982413.918662.jpg pearl on left new one on right ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400982436.476784.jpg pearl ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400982462.856938.jpg new one

Deffinetly a bred species of shrimp. I'd guess either just a darker type of blue shrimp or something closer to a Rili type of shrimp, but I'm not too sure

Back
Top Bottom