Emersed to Submersed Transplanting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueMoonFox

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am fairly new to higher maintenance plants. Most of my experience has been wisteria which grows like a weed in my tank. I have been trying to grow HC in a 10gal with minimal CO2 injection (a diy setup). The tank has high lighting, and is dosed with Flourish Excell regularly. It hasn't shown much growth over the last month, filling out a bit on leaves, but no expansion.

I am looking to do an experiment by emersing some in a seed propogator. I have done a decent amount of research on dry start tanks. They focus on getting the Hc to fill out and then flooding the tank. I was wondering if anyone has tried emersion growth and tansplanting it to an established tank. Any ideas or suggestions?

Yay, first post, wrong part of the forum. :facepalm: Guess that's why it calls me a newbie... Anyone know how to move or delete a thread?

Haha don't worry about it.

Also, I think that seems like a good idea, but often times a plant will melt and drop its leaves. After this, it should have some new growth and be fine in a few days.

I am fairly new to higher maintenance plants. Most of my experience has been wisteria which grows like a weed in my tank. I have been trying to grow HC in a 10gal with minimal CO2 injection (a diy setup). The tank has high lighting, and is dosed with Flourish Excell regularly. It hasn't shown much growth over the last month, filling out a bit on leaves, but no expansion.

I am looking to do an experiment by emersing some in a seed propogator. I have done a decent amount of research on dry start tanks. They focus on getting the Hc to fill out and then flooding the tank. I was wondering if anyone has tried emersion growth and tansplanting it to an established tank. Any ideas or suggestions?

Hi!, welcome to aa! :welcome: The Dry start method is a good way to get the plants to fill out but you will usually see a pretty good 75%-80% melt/die off after flooding. Whats your lighting?

It's kinda abnormal, but the tank was an impulse setup so the lighting is from an LED Red/Blue grow light. The plants that are in there are thriving, so I think the light is doing the same job as in my greenhouse. The HC in there is very healthy w/o consistent CO2 injection.

Back
Top Bottom