Everyday shrimps food suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all - I'm looking for a high grade, healthy everyday type of food to give to my Amano and RCS. Can anyone suggest some that you have used and liked?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I use Hikari Shrimp Cuisine as a base food. Then many other prepared food from Hikari, Frozen, and Freeze Dried. Mine probably get about 10 different kinds of food, just guessing, I haven't really counted.

New to me is one from Borneo Wild. The fish, bottom feeders, snails and shrimp all like the Ebi Raisu 1 Grow, I was given with some shrimp I bought a couple months ago. Even the SW Crabs and snails like it. There was also Fluval Shrimp. I don't seem to see quite the same reaction with it, not ignored but not seeing them race over for it.

Rapashy is one I haven't tried and a friend hobbyist feeds it and the shrimp go mad for it. Guess I should order it.

Only occasionally, usually summer i grow some veggies and feed a tiny bit to them, like blanched greens.

I use Hikari Shrimp Cuisine as a base food. Then many other prepared food from Hikari, Frozen, and Freeze Dried. Mine probably get about 10 different kinds of food, just guessing, I haven't really counted.

New to me is one from Borneo Wild. The fish, bottom feeders, snails and shrimp all like the Ebi Raisu 1 Grow, I was given with some shrimp I bought a couple months ago. Even the SW Crabs and snails like it. There was also Fluval Shrimp. I don't seem to see quite the same reaction with it, not ignored but not seeing them race over for it.

Rapashy is one I haven't tried and a friend hobbyist feeds it and the shrimp go mad for it. Guess I should order it.

Only occasionally, usually summer i grow some veggies and feed a tiny bit to them, like blanched greens.

Ok, thanks! That's all good info! I bought Borneo Wild Shrimp Frenzy, says they're "treats" and not meant to be fed everyday. Even still, they really don't seem to go after it like a frenzy! I didn't know there were any shrimp specific frozen foods, what are they? Also, do you use a feeding dish in the tank?

Ok, thanks! That's all good info! I bought Borneo Wild Shrimp Frenzy, says they're "treats" and not meant to be fed everyday. Even still, they really don't seem to go after it like a frenzy! I didn't know there were any shrimp specific frozen foods, what are they? Also, do you use a feeding dish in the tank?

I wouldn't call the Borneo Grow a frenzy either but the shrimp will go searching for it pretty fast.

Frozen foods are the standard, (bloodworms I don't use because I am allergic), BBS, Brine shrimp, Tubefex Worms, and Mysis Shrimp from Piscine Energetics. And some other one I can't recall atm, given to me by a friend.

I got a dish and tried using it and the foods didn't always stay in, then I have one from a purchase of supplies and it is the traditional Pyrex petri dish looking kind ~2". I might try using it. I meant to, then the tank has so many plants I didn't have any floor space for it.

Oh I forgot to mention dry oak leaves and have also added Mulberry leaf too and Cuttlebone. They eat those too. Just yesterday added Oatmeal flakes long cooking) just a couple oats. After reading this I am a little embarrassed how spoiled my shrimp are now. Added things over time. I have been keeping dwarf shrimp for 3 years. Started with regular food Hikari wafers, initially Algae and then Omnivore, small bits of it, then Shrimp Cuisine.

I wouldn't call the Borneo Grow a frenzy either but the shrimp will go searching for it pretty fast.

Frozen foods are the standard, (bloodworms I don't use because I am allergic), BBS, Brine shrimp, Tubefex Worms, and Mysis Shrimp from Piscine Energetics. And some other one I can't recall atm, given to me by a friend.

I got a dish and tried using it and the foods didn't always stay in, then I have one from a purchase of supplies and it is the traditional Pyrex petri dish looking kind ~2". I might try using it. I meant to, then the tank has so many plants I didn't have any floor space for it.

Oh I forgot to mention dry oak leaves and have also added Mulberry leaf too and Cuttlebone. They eat those too. Just yesterday added Oatmeal flakes long cooking) just a couple oats. After reading this I am a little embarrassed how spoiled my shrimp are now. Added things over time. I have been keeping dwarf shrimp for 3 years. Started with regular food Hikari wafers, initially Algae and then Omnivore, small bits of it, then Shrimp Cuisine.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I've been using wafers everyday that are designed for Plecos but the main ingredients are similar to ingredients to most shrimp feeds, like fish meal and spirulina. Not sure it's okay for them or not

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I've been using wafers everyday that are designed for Plecos but the main ingredients are similar to ingredients to most shrimp feeds, like fish meal and spirulina. Not sure it's okay for them or not

The only difference I think is mineral content, check out the labels and compare.

Back
Top Bottom