Failed molt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laeris

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This isn't one of the two who died today, I already removed them but they had a similar bright red mark, nothing else on them. No ferts, no co2, 75F, 7.6 ph as usual, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, faint tinge for nitrates as usual and heavens yes I shook the bottle like a mad woman because I am rather mad. 7deg gh, 3 kh. There's cuttlebone, two cholla, a week old IAL and three alder cones in at the moment, along with that big piece of dw that was boiled within an inch of its afterlife. The fish are fine, as are other shrimp. No ones extra hidey or agitated. I feed them S&C sticks alternated with the Hikari squares or those Ebi squares and use the baster to remove detritus from those from the ground. They're juveniles, so it isn't some weird old age thing. I don't know where I've gone wrong here. In hopes of preventing more die-off, I just took one scoop of Han Baby Food and rubbed it between my fingers under the water so it'll sink over where the shrimp hang out. But seriously, what on earth?!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448348261.828864.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448348261.828864.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 101
Sorry for the loss. :( It all sounds good although I haven't kept for a long time. I'm sure you had thought of this but I assume nothing had changed in the tank or the water used for water changes? I've heard that can vary every so often.

<3 It could be I mistook one vial for another, they aren't labeled. I could have confused gh and another vial. I use a canning pot to heat cold water to tank temp as shown by a cooking digital thermometer, then toss in a capful of Prime regardless.

Wha! What can you use on shrimp for bacteria?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nothing really just seperate the sick ones

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

:( None of them are acting wonky or have any weird coloring. Thank you for the suggestion, but on black and blue speckle shrimp how can I tell?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom