Favorite Baby Shrimp Hideaways?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishinfreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm just wondering what everybody's favorite plants are for keeping baby shrimp out of the mouths of fish. Although I'm planning to have fish that are rcs "safe", I know the shrimplets may fit in their mouths. I'm looking for something other than basic mosses too.

I have plenty of it, so I may go with it, but I just worry it will get out of control and all over my other plants

Flame, Christmas, peacock moss will all stay more under control and works very well tied down to cholla wood (one of the best structures for keeping shrimp safe). A thick forest of HM (regular baby tears) was a favorite of my baby RCS too.

The HM grows more like a tall stem (like rotala), right? And i may try to get some flame moss.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The HM grows more like a tall stem (like rotala), right? And i may try to get some flame moss.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yup. You can trim it to keep it lower or more bush-like but I typically would let it go wild for a bit.

I have driftwood , lots of stem plants, Crypts and Mosses. I have Süsswassertang aka freshwater seaweed also. Never grew well and one day I had a huge ball of it.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom