Feeding nerite snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raignis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm trying to decide about nerite snails. I've got a 29g with only a tiny bit of algae on the decorations. The amount in there probably isn't enough to sustain a couple snails so, is there something else they eat? In a previous tank I had a couple and liked watching them crawl around, so I want some in this one. I don't want to throw them in and watch them starve due to lack of algae, though.

My nerites love blanched veg especially cucumber, courgette and butternut squash.
If the tank is mature they will also feed off the natural bio film ☺

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

I feed mine spirulina sticks, algae wafers, the green marine algae sheets and shrimp pellets. If I put veggies in, my fish eat it so quickly (even in the dark) that I doubt the snails get much. Haven't found a solution for this problem. I feed my fish well, but they are piggies!

Ken's wafers, sticks, Fluval Shrimp granules-a single pinch spread over the entire surface of the water so it drops evurwhur in the tank so everyone gets a crack at some, the occasional piece of blanched (lightly boiled, then dropped in an ice bath) fresh vegetable. Hardly matters what kind of vegetable-nearly any squash, zucchini, as shellyx said courgtte/cucumber, broccoli, leaf spinach, green beans, whatever. So long as it's no salt added frozen or fresh.

Back
Top Bottom