First attempt at a decent shrimp tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After the water settled.

Attachments

• 1418185624851.jpg
    1418185624851.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 309
I gotta figure out which fertilizers are okay to use with shrimp.

Then let the tank progress and figure out which shrimp I want. I'm thinking crystal reds would look good.

Day 2. Water completely clear and added the semi DIY nutrafin C02 system. Friday my fertilizers arrive and I'm gonna order some moss and ground cover plants.

Attachments

• 1418269939250.jpg
    1418269939250.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 291
Once I get shrimp I'll take the C02 out. And I think I need newer or different yeast. It's not producing as many bubbles as it has in the past.

Thanks! Next pict will be after the water change and more plants.

Looking forward to seeing it stocked with shrimp!

Me too! I'm not sure what kind I wanna get. I guess cherry shrimp for this tank. I have dwarf babies tears and Java moss coming in within the next couple days.

There are a ton of different shrimp you could do! Take a look at http://shrimpusa.com look at the neocaridina tab. These shrimp are the easiest to care for because they can stand a wide range of water parameters. One type not listed on that site are orange rili shrimp, but the owner sells them of you send him an email. They're awesome! Any of those shrimp would work great for your tank!

There are a ton of different shrimp you could do! Take a look at http://shrimpusa.com look at the neocaridina tab. These shrimp are the easiest to care for because they can stand a wide range of water parameters. One type not listed on that site are orange rili shrimp, but the owner sells them of you send him an email. They're awesome! Any of those shrimp would work great for your tank!

Thanks for the awesome link! I'll definitely check it out. I wanna get some kinda Neocaridina. And then move onto something a little more challenging.

New plants arrive today! Baby tears and java moss! I'll post an updated pict later.

This is a fluval kit? What kind of light does it come with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I read that it grows up if not enough co2. We will see. Right now I'm running co2 and all the fertilizers you recommended. How long should I stop gas co2 before I add shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom