Fish compatable with nano shrimp.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brentweld

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55 gallon heavily planted tank. I have a bunch of nano shrimp an ammano shrimp, a bamboo shrimp, and a vampire shrimp. Fish I have are pigmy Cory's, dwarf cat Cory's, chili rasbora, and a few baby white cloud tetras that I will remove when bigger. Any more ideas would be very helpful. I need more swimmers. Thanks

Attachments

• image-1424398164.jpg
    image-1424398164.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 130
I have a 55 gallon heavily planted tank. I have a bunch of nano shrimp an ammano shrimp, a bamboo shrimp, and a vampire shrimp. Fish I have are pigmy Cory's, dwarf cat Cory's, chili rasbora, and a few baby white cloud tetras that I will remove when bigger. Any more ideas would be very helpful. I need more swimmers. Thanks

Celestial pearl danio, gold ring danio, scarlet badis, and moth catfish. I LOVE nanos!

I've got Celestial Pearl Danios with my RCS and the shrimp population is exploding. CPD mouths are so small they even have a tough time eating Hikari Micro Pellets. They're a good bet.

only fully compatible fish with shrimps are otocinclus catfish. others are pygmy cores, panda loaches(too expensive in my opinion), and maybe bn plecos. others fish like tetras and danios will eat the babies but the shrimps sometimes breed so much you woudnt even realize it. but if your starting with a small colony i would stick with otocinclus catfish. there are so many beautiful species of otos like the leopard ones.

only fully compatible fish with shrimps are otocinclus catfish. others are pygmy cores, panda loaches(too expensive in my opinion), and maybe bn plecos. others fish like tetras and danios will eat the babies but the shrimps sometimes breed so much you woudnt even realize it. but if your starting with a small colony i would stick with otocinclus catfish. there are so many beautiful species of otos like the leopard ones.

He doesn't have neocardinas or cardinas. He has larger shrimp. Most small community fish will work.

Actually he has both. OP stated dwarfs as well which generally means neos or cardinas.

I don't see it...

I have a bunch of nano shrimp an ammano shrimp, a bamboo shrimp, and a vampire shrimp. Fish I have are pigmy Cory's, dwarf cat Cory's, chili rasbora, and a few baby white cloud tetras that I will remove when bigger.

Tetras hunt and kill small Shrimp. Sparkling Gouramis and Scarlet Badis eat baby Shrimp. That's why I waited till I had a ton of RCS to add my Scarlet Badis If you want Shrimp safe ? Otos Threadfin Rainbows have tiny mouths/throats. CPDs still pick off hatchlings IMHO. I had a ton of Shrimp till I added fish. I never see babies anymore. I still see a few juveniles. So my Shrimp are breeding, but I miss seeing babies out and about.

I believe the OP's " nano shrimp" may be RCS ???

I don't see it...

.....it was in the first sentence of that quote. He said he has a bunch of nano shrimp an ammano etc. Nano shrimp generally means amanos, neos, and cardinas. Since he said AN amano I imagine he has other species making up the bunch of nanos.

I have a Clown Pleco in my shrimp tank and he hasn't bothered my shrimp or dwarf crayfish. He's petty shy and just sticks to his driftwood. Unlike other Plecos I find him harmless.

well either way lets put it in general. shrimp safe fish. everything that everyone said is shrimp safe but no baby shrimp safe

well either way lets put it in general. shrimp safe fish. everything that everyone said is shrimp safe but no baby shrimp safe

With the exception of ottos I do not think any fish is shrimplet safe. Maybe a hillstream loach

Otos are the only completely Shrimp safe fish that I have. I used to watch the babies ride on them.

Threadfin Rainbows might be as well, tiny mouth and not an aggressive eater.

Back
Top Bottom