Fluval Chi Shrimp Tank...Help Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mummyshrimp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All!

I really need some help and advise.

I kept fish tanks as a child and 3 months ago decided to invest in a small 19L fluval chi tank and keep red cherries. The tank cycled well in 4 weeks so I got about 5 cherries who have since had a cluster of 5 babies.

The filter is awful and requires continuous daily cleaning but I think has basically packed up. I noticed cyclops a few weeks ago but they've been multiplying since the filters gone downhill and today I noticed some sort of short white worms, about 1cm long (eugh!)

I would hugely appreciate if anyone could suggest a good filter to use in such a small tank with baby shrimp and also a fish that would appreciate a nice snack without touching the shrimp! The fish will be donated to a family members community tank as the chi is too small for fish

As you can tell I'm pretty new to this so thank you for any advise!

Pip

I would use some small hang on the back filter or a sponge filter

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would use some small hang on the back filter or a sponge filter

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No matter the size, HOB's should only be used with a sponge covering the intake since the babies can very easily be sucked in and disappear forever. Your best bet is a sponge as it will allow growth on it in which the shrimp could also feed off of. Here's a link.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3954

Back
Top Bottom