Fluval Edge 12G LED or Halogen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
There is a used 12G tank available for a fair price/but far away from me, and I am waiting to see which lights it has.

I have the 6.6G Edge and it has the old style halogen lights, which grow my plants in there nicely. It will stay with the Halogens for a while still as I found several bulbs for cheap on clearance, lol. TOO expensive to change it over to Halogen due to the price of the bulbs.

Anyone have this 12G LED or Halogen and what are your experiences? Especially if you have had both LED and Halogen set ups.

Already know the filtration is the same for both tanks and circulation can be a problem, from what I read about in bunches of reviews. I would be using this tank for a shrimp tank with a little school of micro fish, like Chilis or CPD.

Did you mean to post this elsewhere? Under Hardware maybe?

Since so many people here in invertebrates keep a large number of smaller tanks, like the Edge, and shrimp keeping is a little different than general fish keeping I thought it would be a target market of people with similar experiences, from the inverts frame of reference.

If it should be moved, by all means would a moderator move it please, I don't mean to upset the apple cart. Thank you.

Well thank you. I just figured shrimp people would have a different perspective than simply design oriented or hard core light and tank people.

Not that they aren't connected, as I enjoy a pretty tank with plants and good lighting :lol: But I am more interested in the experience and not the technical numbers part of it, and thought that I might get slammed with a wall of factoid, numerical statistics, in hardware.

Maybe better for FW General Discussion, LOL.

You are right I could get a broader perspective specifically from the lighting sense in Hardware.

Being that I have no answers yet, somewhere else may be a better place.

The 12G size is kept much less often that the 6.6G.

Anybody with info / experiences?

Well the tank has LEDs and an extra LED light that isn't stock but helps the plants, says the seller...anybody any help, even have this tank, LOL?

Back
Top Bottom