Fluval spec 5 gal shrimp tank - ferts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jim532

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a fluval spec 5g with some red cherry shrimp and 1 red spot nerite. Right now i have 2 anubias nana petites, 7 stems of wisteria, 1 java fern, some java moss and some peacock moss. I want to make sure the plants get the nutrients they need to flourish. I cycled the tan km for 6 weeks and once a week i was adding .5 ml of seachem flourish but stopped when i was ready to add shrimp. I haven't dosed for 2 weeks.

What's the best way to make sure these plants get what yhey need and not kill my shrimps? Im using the stock light for now 8 hours daily

Flourish won't harm shrimp. Just don't overdose and keep up weekly PWC.

Pic up some API Leaf Zone and you have Macros and Micros covered for your ferts. I dose both of these into my Shrimp tank. 10g

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418752739.182590.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418752790.887486.jpg

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The directions say 5ml for 60 gallons, but I assume that is a bit much for 5 gallons.
I understand Flourish and to dose once a week. But the real question is how much per dose? I think the 5mL is a bit much for 5 gallon tank.

Directions:
1 capful (5 mL) for each 250 L (60 gallons) once or twice a week. For smaller doses, please note that each cap thread is approximately 1 mL.

Back
Top Bottom