Found dead shrimp on floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It jumped out. Shrimp are pretty good jumpers. It probably got startled and accidentally jumped out of your tank. Fish will do the same thing.

I've had a few fish jump out. My cat enjoys the little snack. You can always get a cover if you are really concerned.

Airline, jump... Semantics. Either way, it flipped it's body out of your tank and a cover may help.

I have a cover, small open spots around filter though, why would they climb the airline to get out?

They don't really understand the concept of not being able get back in tank if they leave. They're just shrimp.
I'd double check my water parameters just in case. Might be it didn't like the environment.

Wouldn't all my shrimp seek greener pastures if the water was off?(which it wasn't)

Not necessarily. Most would probably try and find a place to hide completely out of sight.

They're all out and about munching away on algae and whatever else they can find, usually in a group..

I like it! And like Christopher Columbus he too was met with many challenges, 2 being my cats:)

Im not going to try and occupy the mind of a shrimp. I check my parameters anytime something dies or otherwise seems off. It was meant as a suggestion, not an accusation.

Im not going to try and occupy the mind of a shrimp. I check my parameters anytime something dies or otherwise seems off. It was meant as a suggestion, not an accusation.

As do I , I did not mean to come off as defensive. Apologies for the confusion, I'm just new to shrimp and though they seem a simple species they may infact be helping me to better fine tune my aquarium seeing as it's much harder for a fish to go out in search of....

Im super new to them too... I think they're more sensitive to stuff than we think.
I brought home 6 Cherry shrimp for my little Fluvel Spec 3 gallon tank, and by the next morning I only had one.:ermm: I had the tank up and running for 3 months to make sure it was cycled and somewhat established with biofilm; plus I did a slow drip acclimation, but something mustve been off.

Luckily, that one, or perhaps one of the others, had fertalized eggs because a couple weeks later I started noticing super tiny shrimps. Now Ive got the one adult and 8-10 juvies.

If I can figure out a safe and easy way to catch some, I'd like to transplant some young ones over to a 20 Long that only has plants in it.

Coyne, I read recently an interesting way to catch some on alphaprobreeders.com

Might check that out. I'll see if I can find a link

Im super new to them too... I think they're more sensitive to stuff than we think. I brought home 6 Cherry shrimp for my little Fluvel Spec 3 gallon tank, and by the next morning I only had one.:ermm: I had the tank up and running for 3 months to make sure it was cycled and somewhat established with biofilm; plus I did a slow drip acclimation, but something mustve been off. Luckily, that one, or perhaps one of the others, had fertalized eggs because a couple weeks later I started noticing super tiny shrimps. Now Ive got the one adult and 8-10 juvies. If I can figure out a safe and easy way to catch some, I'd like to transplant some young ones over to a 20 Long that only has plants in it.
Oh man! That's a tough one! I brought home what I thought to be 5 Amano to eat some algae, must have been 6 though because 5 still remain tanked with the one jumper.. I wish I could keep them in all my tanks but my larger fish would def eat them up..

Back
Top Bottom